Our client is a start-up company in the field of healthcare informatics. They are developing digital disease management solutions for doctors/patients to passively and remotely track symptoms, educate both, and enable them to communicate better for shared decision making to ultimately improve patient outcomes.
- Develop Quantitative Lateral Flow technologies for the detection and measurement of several disease-related analytes
- Apply your expert knowledge and skills in the fields of assay development, microbiology, bioconjugation, immunoassays, and analytical chemistry to help develop new and novel assays for the detection of various targets
- Conduct, analyze, and report on experiments to develop new immunoassays from feasibility through validation
- Work closely with the R&D Director to develop strategic plans for product development and expanding operations of the Immunoassay Development department
- Design and conduct robust and efficient experiments to solve difficult technical problems
- Analyze data generated from experiments using various methods including numerical methods and generate thoughtful interpretations of the collected information
- Design follow-up experiments based on results from previous experiments
- Manage external partners
- Create and follow engineering protocols and reports for various lab processes and assist in the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Maintain excellent organizational skills required for maintenance of notebook records, equipment logs, test run logs, and other documentation
- Present data and findings at weekly department/company meetings
- Participation in regulatory and manufacturing activities for commercialization and audits.
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related fields.
- Hands-on experience in the development of qualitative, semi-quantitative, or quantitative POC immunoassays or other complex immunoassay systems.
- Previous experience with ELISAs, antibody selection and conjugation, protein purification, and fluorescent labeling – required.
- Experience with handling biological specimens in a BSL-2 laboratory environment.
- Experience with regulatory and manufacturing activities for commercialization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite Software.
- Bio-related laboratory skills, such as buffer preparation, pipetting, immunoassay, aseptic technique.
- A solid foundation in Immuno-chromatographic assay development concepts, knowledge, and techniques.
- Possess problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication; and interpersonal skills.
- Documentation requirements per GLP, GMP and ISO guidelines.
- Knowledge of experimental design & interpretation.
- A proven track record of bringing point-of-care diagnostics from feasibility through scale-up and transfer to manufacturing.
- Minimum of 4 years of immunoassay development.
- Minimum of 2 years of Lateral Flow assay development.
What the client offers:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity stake in the startup
- The opportunity to work closely with a tight, high caliber international team and help a startup in an exciting space take off
- The opportunity to define – through our collective work – the future of digital health
If you are interested, send your CV to email@example.com.