On behalf of our client, a state-of-the-art company, which provides ML infrastructure solutions, we are looking for an experienced Lead Engineer Bioinformatics, to develop machine learning systems on biomedical data and join their talented team in Athens/Heraklion, Greece.
- Managing, preprocessing/processing, integrating and analyzing large biomedical datasets for biological insights.
- Deep understanding of biomedical use cases/problems and contributing in formulating solutions with machine learning pipelines. Designing and developing machine learning/deep learning software/pipelines/systems that are built to consume and analyze biomedical data while dealing with clustering, classification and regression problems; Batch experimental benchmarking in large datasets.
- Managing a cross-functional team that brings together the best in class Informatics, AI, Engineering, Drug Discovery and Product capabilities to tackle the scientific challenges Deeplab is looking to find solutions for.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology or related field of research
- Experience with proven track record on implementing machine learning systems in industrial or large scale applications; Solid background knowledge and deep understanding of biomedical areas. Deep understanding of ML algorithms, of DL fundamentals and up to date with recent DL advancements, especially related to the fields of interest.
- 3-5+ working experience on real-world data, integrating and analyzing ‘omics and biomedical datasets to directly support Drug Discovery activities.
- 3-5+ working experience on integrating and analyzing large and/or popular/recent ‘omics/biomedical datasets to directly support Drug Discovery activities; Hands-on experience in processing large scale genomic datasets, such as transcriptomic, proteomic or epigenomic data.
- Expertise/experience in primary biological interpretation based on the integration of biomedical datasets to support applications in Drug Discovery and/or other omics fields.
- Strong programming ability in language packages that support Bioinformatic, Data Science and Machine Learning code and pipelines such as Python, PyTorch, numpy, scipy etc.
- Experience with databases and other technologies we like such as: Github,Jupyter. Good to have experience in: BigQuery, ElasticSearch, MySQL, MongoDB, Spark, Kubernetes, AWS/GCP.
- Leading and management skills; strong communication skills to communicate presentations of complex analyzes in a clear, concise and actionable manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to build strong relationships in a challenging international environment.
- Flexible working hours
- Working in high-end tech and have an impact in real-world applications
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive salary
If you are interested, please send your CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.