On behalf of a Greek restaurant located in the exotic Nassau, the capital city of Bahamas, we are currently looking for an experienced and dynamic Head Chef.
- Cooks guests’ orders according to their preferences.
- Employs food safety best practices and makes sure that all kitchen staff members do the same.
- Acts with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces.
- Selects choice ingredients that will give dishes the best flavour.
- Experiments to come up with new specialties that will draw diners into the restaurant.
- Coaches the sous chef and other members of the kitchen staff, so they perform at their best.
- Determines how much food to order and maintains an appropriate supply at the restaurant.
- Keeps up with trends in cooking and the restaurant business to ensure that guests have a positive experience.
- Works quickly and accurately during busy periods, such as weekends and evenings
- Occasionally takes on extra duties, such as cleaning, when the kitchen is short-staffed or the restaurant is particularly busy.
- Takes direction and works with the restaurant’s administrative team.
- Create menus, costing of items, and ensure food wastage is at bare minimum.
- A degree or certification in Culinary arts.
- +3 years of similar experience.
- Strong communication and organisation skills.
Our client offers:
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- National insurance
- Vacation payment (2 weeks paid vacation with airline tickets included)
- Flexible schedule
- Accommodation provided
- Flight ticket to Nassau paid by the employer.
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org