Our client is an internationally operating and professional marine surveying & cargo inspection enterprise, servicing the international commodity trading community. For their Rotterdam activities, they are looking to recruit Bunker Surveyors.
- Conduct a full initial gauging of all the vessel’s tanks and record the actual initial quantity of bunkers on board the vessel.
- Compare the actual figures with the vessel’s declared figures and if a discrepancy is noted, re-gauge the ship’s tanks.
- Conduct a full initial gauging of all the barge tanks and record the actual initial quantity of bunker fuel on the barge.
- Ensure that the sampling equipment is set up properly to draw the bunker drip samples from the manifold during the bunkering.
- Check that standard safety procedures for bunker transfer are complied with.
- Monitor the ship’s bunker tanks regularly during the bunkering for any signs of cappuccino bunkers or entrapped air.
- Conduct a thorough final gauging of all the barge tanks and record the actual quantity of bunker fuel remaining on the barge.
- Conduct a thorough final gauging of all the vessel’s tanks and record the actual quantity of bunkers onboard after completion of bunkering.
- Establish the Barge delivered quantity and the vessel received quantity.
- Seal and label the bunker samples. See sampling procedures for more details on bunker sampling.
- Experience in conducting Bunker Quantity Surveys and related bunker surveying activities preferred
- Ability to follow client’s instructions in detail
- Excellent command of English reading, writing and speaking
- Excellent attention to details consisting of proof-reading skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and work with deadlines
- Candidate should be prepared to work irregular hours and willing to travel overseas globally
- Ability to work independently in cargo or marine environment
- Ability to work under pressure
- In possession of valid Passport and Driving License
- Computer proficiency and strong command over MS Office Suite
Our client offers:
- 2.5-4k depending on experience
- Company car
- Travel Expenses covered
- Private insurance
- Accident insurance
- Various other depending on the performance
If you are interested, send your CV to email@example.com.